- Gingiva shade
- Simple and time-saving shaping by hand
- Permanent stability and compressive strength
- Light-cured with standard halogen light (e.g. Individo Light Box) or UVA lights
Profibase: Light-curing pink transparent base plates
- Fabrication of gingiva-shaded bases for wax models of complete and partial dentures
STORAGE: Store at temperatures of 4 °C to 23 °C. Avoid direct sunlight.
DIRECTION TO USE
- Fabrication of an individual tray
- Allow Profibase to reach room temperature before use.
- Mark margins for the individual tray on the plaster model. If necessary, use a space maintainer. If space maintainer is not necessary, insulate plaster model.
- Remove protective foil, mold plate onto the model and cut the desired rim as marked. A handle can easily be shaped from the excess material.
- Profibase is then polymerised on the model with a standard light unit (halogen or UVA light). Depending on the thickness of the tray, polymerise the reverse side for 3 - 5 min.
- A longer polymerisation time improves the physical properties of the material. Therefore, prolong time of polymerisation if necessary.
- The individual tray is immediately ready for use and can be worked upon without delay. A slight inhibition layer, eventually caused by oxygen, can be easily removed with a tissue moistened with alcohol.
- Fabrication of a base plate
- Mark the margin of the planned prosthesis base on the plaster model.
- Block out undercuts as usual. Isolate the model thinly with an alginate isolation.
- Carefully place a plate of Profibase onto the model, adjust the rims with a penknife and polymerise the model with base plate for 5 min in a standard halogen or UVA light unit.