Isodan is used in the treatment of dental hyperaesthesia caused by any dentinal irritant such as physical effects (cold, contact, heat), chemical agents (acid erosion) and physiological effects (abrasion and myolysis)
- Forms a barrier within the dentine tubules and prevents movement of the intratubular fluid.
- Contains sodium fluoride which reinforces enamel/dentine barrier.
- With HEMA acting as a wetting agent, which contributes to homogeneous diffusion of Isodan.
For dentinal hypersensitivity in
- myolysis, root exposure, cervical erosion
- Descaling, surfacing, periodontal surgery
- Cavity or peripheral preparation on living tooth
- and prior to restoration procedures
DIRECTION TO USE
- Isolate the tooth/teeth to be treated with cotton pledgets
- Carefully dry the surface of the lesions to be treated.
- Place a drop of the product in a small jar or dish
- Take a small quantity with one of the mini brushes supplied.
- Apply the desensitizing gel in a thin layer
- Spread it gently with an air jet.
- Repeat the application two or three times until the shiny surface is obtained.
Advise patient to avoid acid foods, drink, and brushing of the treated area for at least 24 hours