Megadent EDTA Gel: 17% EDTA Gel with Carbamide Peroxide for lubrication and chelation of root canals.
INDICATION: Used for chelating, lubricating, and debridement (cleaning and smear layer removal) of canals during chemical & mechanical preparation of root canals.
- Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid (EDTA) – 17%
- Carbamide Peroxide – 10%
- Water Soluble Base: qs
NOTE: Silica free formulation.
- Prevent the risk of instrument fracture.
- Helps in the smooth working of endodontic files.
- Easy Preparation of calcified canals.
- It helps to remove the inorganic substance by chelation.
- Carbide Peroxide creates an effervescence effect with water & sodium hypochlorite.
- Helps in easy removal of vital & necrotic pulp tissue remnant, debris & dentinal flakes.
- Inorganic substances can be removed by chelating the calcium ions.
- Helps in removing smear layer produced during the instrumentation by endodontic files and hence results in cleaning the canal wall.
- Lubricating properties helps in the smooth instrumentation of canals.
- The binding of Endodontic instruments gets decreased during the chemo-mechanical shaping of canals because of the lubricating action.
- It provides a synergistic effect when used in combination with sodium hypochlorite. It releases oxygen from carbamide peroxide and produces the effervescent effect which helps in easy removal of vital & necrotic pulp tissue remnant, debris, and dentinal flakes.
DIRECTIONS TO USE
Step 1: Isolate the tooth by using a choice of the separation technique.
Step 2: Proceed with an access opening and identify the canals.
Step 3: Attach the unit dose dispenser with the Megadent Rct Prep syringe. Before use, always check for snug-fitting to prevent any leakage.
Step 4: For better dispensing of Megadent Rct Prep, always hold the syringe in the palm firmly and use the pressure of the palm for controlled delivery.
Step 5: Once you have identified the orifice, apply the Megadent Rct Prep into the canal opening using a unit-dose dispenser.
Step 6: Gently negotiate the canal with the help of endodontic files.
Step 7: Always replenish with Megadent Rct Prep in between subsequent endodontic files.
Step 8: Once the canal shaping is done, flush the Megadent Rct Prep out of the canal with sodium hypochlorite and distilled water.
Step 9: Finish the bio-mechanical preparation with the choice of disinfectant to clean the canals.
Step 10: Dry the canal and proceed with the choice of obturation technique.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Store at a temperature between 5°C to 30°C.
- Do not freeze.
- Store away from direct sunlight.
PRECAUTION AND SAFETY MEASURES
- Always wear protective gloves, protective clothing, eye protection, and face protection. In the event of contact with skin or eyes, it may cause irritation, in such an event wash the skin with soap and water or flush the eyes with water. If irritation persists, get immediate medical attention.
- Not for medicinal use, to be used exclusively by qualified dental professionals only.
- A unit dose dispenser must be used for one patient to avoid cross-contamination.
- Never aspirate the syringe back to prevent cross-contamination.
- Immediately place the protective cap on the syringe after use.
WARNING: Not for ingestion.