- Excellent physical properties
- Good polishability
- High radiopacity
- Long working time
Light-curing, radiopaque hybrid composite. Te-Econom Plus has excellent physical properties and great polishability that makes it suitable for use in both anterior and posterior restorations. The high radiopacity allows easy identification in x-rays. Te-Econom Plus has a long working time that helps the clinical perform the dental procedure efficiently. Eco-Etch etching gel is composed of 37% phosphoric acid, having optimal handling characteristics and good etching effect on enamel and dentin. Te-Econom Bond is one bottle, one layer adhesive to be used with the total-etch technique.
- Restorations of Classes I to V
- Esthetic anterior restorations
- Posterior restoration of stress-bearing areas.
- Excellent physical properties.
- Good polishability.
- High radiopacity.
- Long Working time.
- Proven Ivoclar Vivadent technology and quality.
DIRECTION TO USE
STEP 1- Select the shade. Establish sufficient isolation, preferably with a rubber dam.
STEP 2-Prepare the cavity according to the requirements of the adhesive technique. Clean the cavity with water spray. Air-dry the cavity.
STEP 3-Apply a pulp protector (calcium hydroxide) if needed; only cover areas close to the pulp and subsequently apply a pressure-resistant cement (e.g. Vivaglass Liner).
STEP 4-Place a matrix (e.g. the selectively thinned OptraMatrix) and an interdental wedge, if required.
STEP 5- Apply Eco-Etch on the enamel and then on dentin and allow a reaction time of 30 seconds on enamel and 15 seconds on dentin. After that, thoroughly rinse with water spray and dry the tooth surfaces with oil-free compressed air. Avoid dehydrating the dentin.
STEP 6- Apply a generous amount of Te-Econom Bond on enamel and dentin, using the enclosed applicator brush. Brush the material gently into the dentin for 10 s. Next, evaporate any remaining solvent with a slow stream of air. Light cure the adhesive according to the curing time recommendations below. Ensure complete coverage of the preparation surface.
STEP 7- Apply Te-Econom Flow in layers of a max. of 2 mm and light cure according to the curing recommendations below. Apply Te-Econom Plus in layers of max. 2 mm and adapt/contour the material with a suitable instrument (e.g. OptraSculpt). The OptraContact instrument can be used to selectively position high-quality proximal contacts. Polymerize each layer individually according to the table below. Hold the light emission window as closely as possible to the surface of the restorative material.
STEP 8- Finish the restoration with suitable finishers or fine diamonds. Subsequently, check the occlusion. Polish with silicone polishers (e.g. OptraPol Next Generation).
- Dimethacrylate and TEGDMA (22 wt%).
- The fillers include barium glass, ytterbium trifluoride, silicon dioxide and mixed oxide (76 wt% or 60 vol%).
- Additives, initiators, stabilizers, and pigments are additional contents (2 wt%).
Storage temperature 2–28 °C (36–82 °F)
- The particle size of the inorganic fillers is between 0.04 and 7 µm.
- The mean particle size is 850 nm.
- If a dry working ﬁeld cannot be established or the stipulated application technique cannot be applied.
- If a patient is known to be allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Direct pulp capping with Te-Econom Bond/Flow/Plus
- In rare cases, ingredients may lead to sensitization.
- The products should not be used in such cases.
- To avoid possible irritation of the pulp, areas close to the pulp should be protected with a suitable pulp/dentin protector