- Dentsply Propex Pixi Apex Locator is a device aimed at detecting the minor apical foramen based on the analysis of electrical properties of different tissues inside the root canal system.
- It provides control and comfort with its multi-frequency apex locator technology working in dry and wet canals. It requires no calibration and zeroes adjustments. See it. Hear it.
- The Propex Pixi features dual control by visually displaying the file progression in the root canal and progressive sound control with 4 volume levels.
- It is powered by a rechargeable battery thus eliminating the need for frequent battery replacement.
- The ProPex Pixi Apex Locator is another innovative solution from Dentsply Sirona & Maillefer, encouraging the standard of care in Endodontics and assisting clinicians to deliver more predictable endodontic outcomes.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- Determines the extensions in order to insert the instruments into the root canal as well as the tooth extensions in which waste, tissue, etc. must be removed.
- The extensions it calculates, if they correct, allow us to obtain optimal results for the treatment.
- Reduces pain and discomfort in the patient.
- The small, pocket-sized device takes up minimal space during treatment, storage, and transportation, making it accessible for every endodontic treatment.
It is an electronic device used for apex location during root canal treatment. It must only be used in hospital environments, clinics or dental offices, by qualified practitioners.
Don't use in patients who have a pacemaker or other implanted electrical devices, or have been cautioned by their physicians against the use of small electric appliances such as shavers, hairdryers, AND in patients allergic to metal AND in children as well.
Accuracy in readings for apex locators is claimed to be 97.7% accurate. Readings may vary from the conventional method of working length determination (radiographic method) & may fluctuate in cases where the precautions (recommended in the user manual) are not followed
DIRECTIONS TO USE
Connecting the AC Plug Adapter
- Select the plug adapter that matches your electric power outlet.
Recharging the Battery
Propex Pixi®is equipped with a rechargeable battery.
- When the battery is low, the blinking battery icon appears on the status bar of the device indicating that the battery requires recharging.
- When the battery icon is blinking, the battery requires recharging. However, it is still functional for several treatments before the device shuts down.
Procedure for recharging the battery
- Complete the measurements and disconnect the measurement cable from the patient;
- Unplug the measurement cable from the device;
- Connect the charger cable to Propex Pixi®;
- Connect the charger to the mains. While charging, the charger and the deviceshould be outside the patient environment (at least 1.5 mm from the patient).
- During battery charging the battery symbol will first blink then will remain steady when charging is completed.
- Duration of charging: Approximately 12 hours (24 hours after a long period of non-use).
Note: Propex Pixi®can not be used while charging.