Dentsply ChemFil Superior is a fast-setting glass-ionomer restorative material consisting of a blend of aluminosilicate glass and polyacrylic acid. The powder is mixed with distilled water to produce a filling material that adheres to dentine and enamel producing tightly sealed, strong and esthetic restorations.
- Class V lesions and cavities
- Class I and II cavities of deciduous teeth
- Class III cavities
- Temporary and semi-permanent restorations
- Fissure fillings (minimal Class I cavities)
- Direct or indirect pulp-capping
- Permanent restoration of occlusal stress-bearing areas.
FEATURES & ADVANTAGES
- Adhesion to dentine… that matters in the long-term Develop the desired adhesion and establish a true, permanent bond to hydroxyapatite even under the moist conditions of cavities close to the gingiva.
- Excellent adhesion ofChemFil® Superior allows a conservative approach to restoration because minimum cavity preparation is required when carious lesions are restored.
- Restorations with ChemFil® Superior are long-lasting and durable.
- Proven long-term fluoride release.
Pleasing aesthetics for more demanding patients ChemFil® Superiorfacilitates superior color match to surrounding enamel, resulting in pleasing aesthetics; moreover, its color remains unaffected by oral fluids in the long term.
‘Snappy’ setting ChemFil® Superiormaintains a constant viscosity during manipulation and placement, and quickly turns into a rock hard mass at the end of the working time; this ensures safe and fast restorative treatment.
Practitioner friendly The easy-to-mix behavior of ChemFil® Superiorhand-mix allows a high powder loading for extra mechanical strength and aesthetics.
DIRECTIONS TO USE
Step 1: Cavity Preparation: In all classes of the cavity, this may be kept to the minimum required for caries removal. Preparation of mechanical retention is not needed except when the restoration is liable to be subjected to high displacement forces.
Step 2: Cleaning: Surface cleanliness is paramount for the development of adhesion. Clean freshly cut enamel and dentine with water spray and air-dry. Where no cavity preparation is necessary, clean the tooth surface with a rubber cup and pumice or a prophy paste (Zircate® or Nupro®). Wash thoroughly with water spray and air-dry.
Step 3: Protection: In deep cavities cover the dentine closest to the pulp with a calcium hydroxide liner (Dycal®) leaving the rest of the cavity floor and walls free for chemical bonding with ChemFil Super.
Step 4: Surface Conditioning: For surface conditioning, ChemFil Tooth Cleanser or ChemFlex™ Liquid may be used. Apply ChemFil Tooth Cleanser or ChemFlex Liquid to the cavity surface and allow it to remain for 15 seconds. Wash off and remove rinsing water, leaving a moist surface.
Step-5: Shade Selection: ChemFil Superior is available in 7 shades. The shade selection is made with the shade guide supplied. As the translucency and color of glass-ionomer cement change during the first hours after placement, the shade guide represents the final shade of the restoration.