HyFlex™ Controlled Memory NiTi Files have been manufactured utilizing a unique process that controls the material’s memory.
- The files are extremely flexible but without the shape memory of conventional NiTi Files.
- This gives the file the ability to follow the anatomy of the canal very closely, reducing the risk of lodging, transportation, or perforation.
- Particularly in root canals with abrupt curvatures, this can help avoid the creation of steps.
- HyFlex™ CM NiTi files respond to excessive resistance with straightening of the spirals, which avoids binding to the walls and therefore increases fracture resistance.
- This form adaptation can be reversed quickly by heat treatment (during autoclaving or with a glass bead sterilizer) returning the instruments back to their original shape.
- Furthermore, it will strengthen the files making them a lot more resistant to cyclical fatigue.
- Also, it provides a clear visual opportunity to verify the safe continuation of file use.