Approximately 35-40% of the root canal surface remains unchanged after preparation with an instrument.
- CanalBrush is a highly flexible endodontic brush made of polypropylene.
- It is used during root canal treatments to remove dentin, plaque and other impurities loosened by files and drills.
- The extremely small CanalBrush helps cleaning parts of the root canal which are not reached by files.
- The use of CanalBrush in connection with an irrigating solution (e.g. NaOCl, NaCl, H2O2, alcohol, CHX) increases considerably the cleaning effect of irrigating solutions on the root canal surface.
- CanalBrush can be used manually with a rotary action. However, it is more efficient to use it with a contra-angle handpiece at a maximum of 600 rpm.
- Better cleaning effect than with files, without enlarging the canal
- Can be autoclaved at 134°C before use
- Can be used to place post cement or adhesives
- With endo stops for length control
- This brush is not to be used for agitating a chelating agent in the root canal (according to US Patent no. 6,179,617).