Glass fiber intraradicular conical post.
- Greater radiopacity: allows radiographic visualization
- Standardized burs with inactive tip: precise calibration of posts according to burs present in the kit; very thin cement layer
- High concentration of fibers: better mechanical properties
- Special glass fiber: excellent transmission of light
- Modulus of elasticity similar to dentin´s: lower risk of root fracture
- Silicone stop: identifies post size and indicates place for cutting
- Direct use (prefabricated): saves clinical time and decreases lab costs
- Support of restorations and prosthetic crowns
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Root Canal Preparation
- Select the pin using the template and the periapical x-ray of the tooth
- Remove part of the root canal filling with heated instruments according to the predetermined depth. Leave at least 3 to 5 mm of obturation in the root apex due to the presence of accessories canals
- Prepare the root canal with the matching drill of the selected post
EXACTO 0.5 - Drill 0.5 (purple) / EXACTO 1 - Drill 1 (white) / EXACTO 2 - Drill 2 (yellow) / EXACTO 3 - Drill 3 (blue)
- Take a periapical radiograph to check the root canal preparation and filling. Excessive removal of gutta-percha may lead to endodontic failures
Preparation of exacto for cementation.
- Check insertion and position of the post in root canal. Slide the post stop towards the area chosen for cutting (at least 2 mm from the opposing tooth occlusal surface)
- EXACTO should only be cut with diamond burs on high speed under water irrigation. Pliers and scissors should not be used: smashing of post leads to loss of its mechanical properties
- Clean EXACTO with alcohol and dry with air . And apply a silane agent (SILANO ANGELUS®) and let it dry for 1 minute
- Apply the chemical adhesive FUSION-DURALINK® CATALYST ANGELUS® according its instructions
- Wash the root canal with an air/water spray and dry with air and absorbent paper points
- Etch the root canal for 15 seconds with 37% PHOSPHORIC ACID ANGELUS®
- Wash the root canal and dry with air and absorbent paper points Apply primer FUSION-DURALINK® ANGELUS® and wait 1 minute.
- Apply ANGELUS® FUSION-DURALINK® CATALYST according to the instructions. The adhesive components must not be mixed before application. They are polymerized chemically without light curing
- Spatulate the resinous cement selected* and fill the conduit. 6. Insert the post in the canal, remove the excess of cement and wait for its polymerization. If the resin cement is dual-cured, light-cure it now . L Zinc-phosphate and glass ionomers (conventional and resin-modified) may also be used for the cementation of posts, but their properties are inferior to those of composite resin cements. Auto-adhesive cements eliminate the needs for the steps of acid conditioning and adhesive application.
Building the core (Coronal Part)
- Build the core with a restorative composite resin (hybrid, microhybrid or any specific composite resin for cores) or with REFORCORE® ANGELUS®. REFORCORE® is a prefabricated glass fiber core, specially developed for the technique of direct posts