Easy Stat is a 20% Ferric sulfate Haemostatic Gel
- As a 20% solution, Ferric Sulphate is a coagulative and hemostatic agent which forms ferric ion-protein complex on contact with blood
- It seals the damaged vessels mechanically, thus producing hemostasis, and the capillary orifices are occluded by the agglutinated protein complex, which prevents blood clot formation
- It causes a local and reversible inflammatory response to the oral soft tissues
- The recommended application time is 1–3 min and should be placed directly against the damaged tissue due to its quick action
- Solutions of Ferric Sulphate above 20% are highly acidic and may cause considerable tissue irritation and postoperative root sensitivity.
- Provides effective tissue management when completing impression, restoration, crown & bridge procedures.
- Medium Viscosity gel, will not flow on to surrounding tissue
As a medicament in Pulpotomy: Used as a pulpotomy medicament to control pulpal bleeding in vital pulp therapy
- As an antibacterial agent:It not only exhibites hemostatic action but also has antimicrobial activity. Antibacterial efficacy of it is similar to 0.2% chlorhexidine.
- During restorative procedures: One of the most common chemical hemostatic reagents used in the restorative dentistry.
- For gingival displacement in prosthodontics: It is used for tissue displacement and it would be maintained for at least 30 min.
- Management of postextraction hemorrhage: Not widely used to control postextraction hemorrhage; however, it may offer assistance with mucosal tears or uncontrolled postextraction hemorrhage in gingival tissues
- As hemostatic agent used in periradicular and endodontic surgery: Control of bleeding during any surgical procedure is imperative and can be achieved by practical and effective systemic or topical approaches.